You'll be surprised but fire itself is not the only damage that you'll suffer from if your house caught a fire. Due to exessive amount of water used when extinguishing a fire, mold is another danger that is doomed to happen if you don't take precausions immideately. Mold can start growing after as little as 24 hours after the fire was extinguished. Make sure to open windows and doors to let the air curculate through the house, throw away any wet fabrics and collect any clothes from the house. Carefully remove any damaged wood structures. But best of all, call the professionals to take care of this for you. Now we can't take care of mold for you (there are other professionals for that), but we can make sure it never happens in the first place and help you rebuild your house too.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!