"You are not covered for code upgrades" is what our customers often hear from the insurance adjuster after a disaster happened to their home. If your house is over 5 years old and you never looked at the fine print for your home insurance, chances are you are not covered either. It cost as little as $70 a year, but can help avoid thousands of unnecessary costs if the existing structures in the house are not up-to-code at the moment of disaster. Check your insurance papers and
According to the National Fire Protection Association, electrical failures or malfunctions were factors in an estimated 46,500 home fires in 2010. These fires caused 420 deaths, 1,520 injuries, and $1.5 billion in property damage. Electrical outlets— Check for loose–fitting plugs, which can be a shock or fire hazard. Replace missing or broken wall plates so wiring and components are not exposed. If you have young children in the home, check that unused outlets are covered. P
If you plan to decorate your house with Christmas lights please follow th esteps below to prevent the risk of an electrical fire: Make sure all extension cords and electrical decorations used for outdoor decorating are marked for outdoor use. Match power needs (amperage) of electrical products with amperage rating of extension cords. Outdoor electric lights and decorations should be plugged into circuits protected by ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs). If circuits are
You think smoke detectors are there to alert your neighbour to call the fire fighters team when you are not at home? WRONG. Most of the fires occur between 2am and 4am while you are alsleep. So next time you are tempted to disconnect a beeping smoke detector because your food is burning on the stove think about all the deaths caused by fires when people are asleep and change that battery. But often help from a professional electrician is needed since most of the modern smoke
You'll be surprised but fire itself is not the only damage that you'll suffer from if your house caught a fire. Due to exessive amount of water used when extinguishing a fire, mold is another danger that is doomed to happen if you don't take precausions immideately. Mold can start growing after as little as 24 hours after the fire was extinguished. Make sure to open windows and doors to let the air curculate through the house, throw away any wet fabrics and collect any clothe
Mild winters in New Mexico are surely nice, but unfortunately that also means the water pipes in your house are not as good. Allstate reccomends to keep your house temperature at 68 degrees or higher, even if you're leaving the house for an extended period of time.
Think you are safe? Think again! According to Insurance Information Institute (www.iii.org) fire, wind and water account for the staggering 87% of all property damage and loss. Be diligent and take precausions to avoid unnecessary repair expenses. But if a disaster happened to you, make sure to give us a call. We are there for you all the way, from insurarance claims negotiations, demolition and high quality work to providing free warranty on all repairs.